Joining our Synagogue
Synagogue Membership is open to all of the Jewish Faith. We welcome families with non-jewish partners and same sex relationships.
The subscription year runs from January to December - subscriptions are calculated pro- rata if you join at other times of the year. Our membership includes burial fees, which entitle the member to be buried at the Liberal Jewish Cemetary at Edgewarebury. If you are over 55 when you join and are not already a member of the Liberal Judaism burial scheme, there will be an extra fee levied to join.
We encourage all members to gift aid their subscriptions which enables us to reclaim the tax that you have paid.
We have a number of categories of Membership:
- Family Membership is where both partners are Jewish, or one partner is Jewish and the children are attending Cheder.
- Single Membership also includes where one partner is Jewish and there are no children attending cheder.
- Country Membership is available for members who live over 50 miles from Bedfordshire.
- Young Persons Membership is available up to 25 years old.
- Associate Membership is open to non-jewish partners of members, or individuals who wish to be Friends of the Synagogue.